The Bamboo Revolution
Bamboo - the Plant
Light-weight, strong, flexible and with an impact resistance comparable to steel: bamboo is considered the raw material of the present and the future. Stable and with natural anti-bacterial properties, bamboo fibre is uniquely versatile - used for plush toys, 'wood-like' toys, silky-soft clothes, crockery and food. Bamboo is also one of the world's best sustainable resources. No irrigation is necessary and the bamboo plantation grows without the use of chemicals or pesticides. Bamboo plantations are never deforested, as the plant is not destroyed when the leaves are cut and it grows back immediately.
Did You Know That Bamboo?
1. Is actually a grass.
2. Is the fastest growing plant in the world; it can grow up to 1 metre per day.
3. Can reach a height of 38 metres.
4. An entire bamboo forest can regrow in 4 to 5 years.
5. Can bind more carbon dioxide and produce 35% more oxygen than trees or any other plants on our planet !
6. Has greater elastic bending strength than steel.
7. Can bear more extrusion than concrete.
8. Has the ability to withstand earthquakes !
9. Has a natural antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-ultraviolet effect.
10. Has been used in construction for thousands of years.
Bamboo - the fantastical legend
Bamboo is the stuff of legends, myths and fantasy! In China, the bamboo spirits are called upon to protect the future. It is also said that the bamboo spirits can foretell the future.